Medicines policy/ repeat prescriptions
We stock a full range of medications for all the species we see
Repeat prescriptions for long term medications can be supplied on request – we do ask that you ring the day before the drug is needed in case we need to order from our supplier- medications ordered on Friday may not be available until Monday
If supplies not urgent then you can also email your order
Medications can be posted however a P&P charge will be added
Small stocks of Harrison’s bird foods will be stocked – we will order larger bags and supplies as needed
SUPPLY OF VETERINARY MEDICINES
- Your veterinary surgeon may prescribe POM-Vs only for animals under their care.
- You will be informed, on request, of the price of any medicine that may be dispensed for your animal.
- The general policy of this practice is to re-assess an animal requiring repeat prescriptions every 3-6 months, depending on medication, but this may vary with individual circumstances, and annually for anti-parasitic medicines. The charge for a re-examination is between £14.50 and £24.50 (inc. VAT), depending on individual circumstances.
- Prescriptions are available from this practice and the charge is £11.26.
- You may obtain Prescription Only Medicines, Category V, (POM-Vs) from your veterinary surgeon OR ask for a prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon or a pharmacy.
- A prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an in-patient or immediate treatment is necessary.
- Further information on the prices of medicines is available on request.