2019 – 2020
Starting with RCVS Day 1 skills, this position will give the ability to complete the small animal PDP requirements and to develop skills in handling, treating and diagnosing exotics species.
It is designed for new graduates from the UK, or a first job for those entering the UK.
- Registered as a Member or Fellow of the RCVS
- Clean driving license
- A vehicle with insurance for limited business use.
- Enthusiasm, and the ability to cope under pressure in a busy practice environment.
- Ability to work on own.
- 1 year contract
- 3 week rotation in SA and exotics
- Week 1 – days 8am-7pm
- Mon- consults, SA ops
- Tues- consults, exotics ops
- Weds- consults, SA ops
- Thurs- consults, exotics ops
- Fri- consults, float
- Week 2 – nights 9am Sun – 9am Sun
- Sat am consults
- Emergency triage and care SA and some exotics
- In-patient treatment, monitoring and care SA & exotics
- Week 3 – off
this can be taken as time off, or spend seeing practice or working elsewhere (with prior permission from the Directors)
- Dedicated experienced mentor in practice
- Case log to complete alongside PDP
- Certificate of completion at end of year
- £25K salary payable monthly in arrears
- BSAVA, RCVS and VDS fees paid
- £2000 bonus on completion of year’s contract
- Full support at all times!
Would you like to join our supportive team?
If so, please contact John Chitty via email below.